Mrs. Kali Restivo
School Counselor Plat and Richfield School
It is a pleasure to get to work with such amazing staff members, parents, and students each day. As the school counselor, I get to enter classrooms to conduct guidance lessons. I thoroughly enjoy educating students about themselves. It is great to give them tools that help them succeed socially, emotionally, and academically. I separate guidance lessons into five main categories:
1. Feelings: Recognizing them, expressing them, and dealing with them effectively
2. Friendship, Social Skills, Peer Relations, and Recognizing and Ending Bullying Behaviors: Learning to like myself and utilizing my strengths to help myself and others
3. Organization and Decision Making: Prioritizing so I can succeed in life and school
4. Careers: What do I like? What am I good at? What career options exist?
5. Protective Behaviors: Caring for myself, keeping myself safe, staying healthy, and avoiding dangerous behaviors and people
In addition to conducting classroom guidance lessons, I also work with students in small groups or one-on-one to work more intently on specific needs. Students know I care and know I will do all I can to keep them safe and happy at school.
I also plan to initiate several charity events as a way to connect students to the community and to show them that every small act of kindness is helpful. I want to empower students to use their strengths to make their world a better, happier place.
I encourage students to treat others as they want to be treated and do all I can to help them realize all they are capable of achieving.
We will work together to keep Richfield School District an amazing place to be!
Thank you for all you do for your children.
Live each day to its fullest!
Plat Elementary | 4908 Monches Rd. Colgate, WI 53017 | Phone: 262-628-1778 | Fax: 262-628-9959 | 8:15 - 3:15